Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Indexing errata

In my previous post i said that my site has been online for over 2 months, without adding the URL in any Search Engines, and no indexing untill now, but it seems that yesterday i got a visit from famous the googlebot. It came looking for my robots.txt file, that wasn't there, and then went straight to my index.html file.

I suppose that i was granted the honor of being crawled by Google because of this blog and the ping option. The link to my site, that is present in my first post, must have sent google there.

I also heard that using the ping option for this blog could get it indexed in 48 hours, max. 5 days, but untill now it hasn't been indexed in any search engine. I guess i'll wait and see, if i get no results by the end of this week i'll add the URL in Google, Yahoo and MSN.

No comments: